Principal Software Engineer
Salary Range: $150,000 to $170,000 (depending on experience) + annual bonus.
UK or US based.
Consilient is a RegTech startup founded to transform how the world prevents financial crime. We believe illicit actors – those who engage in human trafficking, money laundering, fraud, and other serious crimes – should be denied access to safe and secure financial institutions, and so they created Consilient to protect people and organizations.
Our vision is to usher in a new design for the AML/CFT regime and provide the next generation of artificial intelligence and analytics for the prevention and management of financial crime. Consilient’s Federated Learning solution allows financial institutions and regulators to discover and manage risk more efficiently and effectively by sharing insights without the challenges and vulnerabilities of moving data.
Our aim is to be used by organizations around the world to safeguard the financial system, protecting it from abuse and financial crime. Our approach allows the system to benefit collectively from individual learnings, enhancing the overall integrity of the system.
Consilient transforms risk management by securely travelling Federated Learning (FL) models across Financial Institutions all while preserving data privacy.
To help us on our next phase we are seeking a passionate, inquisitive and forward-thinking Principal Software Engineer to join our exciting innovative company.
We are looking for a candidate who is excited to start a journey to change the way Financial Institutions identify bad actors.
As the Principal Engineer, you will forge the company’s technical vision as well as being instrumental in our engineering development. You will bring a modern and innovative approach to building a Federated Learning solution and Privacy Preserving Technologies. The successful candidate will love developing software, leading engineering development activities and will be responsible for the shaping Consilient’s technology approach. This role is 80-90% build and 10-20% management.
You will be the primary owner of technology approach and development across the entire technology lifecycle. This includes hands on keyboard, coding and building the technology platform and user interface that is a critical component for Consilient. You will work closely with our science and product teams to lead the build of innovative products. The main requirements of the role are:
· Ideate, architect and build a cloud and on-premise agnostic product platform infrastructure for Federated Learning.
· Maintain existing architecture and advance documentation where required for the Platform.
· Coordinate with key stakeholders to gather, track and prioritize requirements for the infrastructure build and design.
· Own the company’s technology vision.
· Plan and manage a prioritized build series with a strategic vision and at times supporting a tactical approach to build and design.
· Hands on development and build of our v1 Platform and user interface.
· Transform, and convert data science prototypes.
· Supporting the Science team with acquiring or building appropriate data sets, features and data modeling.
· Provide solution architecture to the customer success team for customer deployments.
· Develop and maintain internal process documentation and procedures.
· Bring to Consilient the latest and forward-thinking technologies.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience of developing and bringing to market the full end to end B2B product suite (inc web-app development and machine learning productionization – (preferably with federated learning).
• Signficant experience in Python experience, or another development language such as C, C++, Go, , Java or Perl.
• Experience of building and maintaining robust machine learning pipelines into production.
• Experience building and maintaining data pipelines using frameworks such as Spark, Snowflake, Apache Beam or a large-scale RDBMS with the ability to explain and implement optimizations.
• Production experience with a cloud platform such as Microsoft Azure, GCP or AWS, or deploying to kubernetes.
• Proactively seek out new ways to deliver product requirements.
• Preferable to have Financial Services anti-money laundering and/or fraud knowledge.
• Led the development from ideation to production of a machine and/or data product.
• Been a Snr Staff or Principal engineer leading the development and maintenance of a complex codebase .
• Desirable: Experience with a deep learning framework such as pytorch or tensorflow.
• Desirable: Experience with federated learning and/or privacy preserving approaches, particularly federated learning.
• Desirable: experience with hadoop, kubernetes or another distributed processing system.
• Demonstrable willingness to learn quickly and contribute to changes across the full stack, including front-end and back-end server-side components where required.
• A sense of ownership and drive to see a problem to completion with a systematic problem-solving approach.
• Extensive experience of working with data scientists/quants. Leading the team and mentoring best practices for CICD/Agile/TDD (test driven development).
• A bachelor’s degree level education in a numerate subject, or demonstrable evidence of knowledge of ML mechanics.
• Essential: UK or US legal right to work.
• Knowledge of the requirements of IT in a financial institution desirable.
Who we are seeking
A curious engineer who enjoys new technology and solving different problems across a spectrum of product requirements.
We are looking for an individual that takes pride in their work, that is compassionate and passionate about how they live their lives.
You will need to embrace uncertainty with positivity and a thoughtful approach. You will be considered and able to analyze and weigh-up challenges in a balanced way.
You will be resilient and understand that not everything works perfectly the first time.
You will be a team player and able to work under your own leadership to deliver outstanding technology.
· Python, ML Flow, Azure Machine Learning Studio, Dash, XGBoost, PyTorch, Azure cloud technologies.
We are a young team with direct support from renowned industry leaders.
We are COMPASSIONATE – We understand the impact of commercial crime on the wider social environment as well as individuals. We seek to understand and consider each other. We empower our colleagues, and we rely on each other, so our clients can rely on us.
We are AUTHENTIC and OPEN – We are straight-forward, and we will always be honest. We listen to understand, we are inclusive, we pay attention, we are open to alternatives, we take feedback with positivity.
We are TRANSFORMATIVE and EXPLORATIVE – We see and continuously strive for a better and innovative way to create change. We embrace new ideas, we seek innovation. We love new ideas and approaches.
TRUST and RESPECT – We understand others’ position, we don’t rush to prove others wrong. We understand others’ position, we don’t rush to prove others wrong. we are in it together, with our customers, colleagues and stakeholders. We win together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
Role Package details:
Salary Range: $150,000 to $170,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Working hours: 38 hours per week
Site: Home Office based
Other Benefits: Health Insurance allowance (depending on site)
Bonus: 5% of salary (based on company performance)
Holiday: 25 days per annum (excluding Bank/Public holidays)